(The following is from a press release)
The City of Westlake Village kicks off its 12th Season of summer entertainment on May 29. The series begins with “Jazz Night” on Friday, May 29. The multi-award winning jazz bands from both Lindero Canyon Middle School and Agoura High School will be performing beginning at 7 p.m. “Jersey Dogs” food cart will be on-site offering family friendly dinners for sale. “Jazz Night” is part of a series of seven special events sponsored by the city that is geared for the entire family.
The lineup is as follows:
- Fri, May 29: Lindero Canyon Middle School and Agoura High School Jazz Bands
- Fri, June 26: Cabrillo Music Theatre
- Fri, July 24 at 8 p.m: Outdoor movie screening of “Despicable Me“
- Fri, August 7: New Orleans Jazz by “Riverboat Dixie”
- Sat, June 13: “The Long Run” (Eagles Tribute)
- Sat, July 18: 80z All Starts
- Sat, August 22: Boogie Nights
“Saturdays in the Park” concerts begin at 7 p.m. The four Friday evening events are held at the Westlake Village Civic Center, 31200 Oak Crest Drive. The three “Saturdays in the Park” events will be held at Berniece Bennett Park, 31800 Village Center Drive.
These outdoor performances are free to the public and families are encouraged to attend.Make sure to bring lawn chairs and picnic baskets. Food will also be available for sale at each event starting at 6 p.m.
For a complete summer schedule, menus, and additional information, visit www.wlv.org, under “Summer Programs” or call City Hall at 818-706-1613.