Over 7,000 runners and walkers are once again expected to toe the start line at this Saturday’s Great Race of Agoura Hills. Every year, the event benefits local schools, including seven Las Virgenes elementary schools, and Oak Park High School, donating over $1.6 million since its maiden year in 1985.
If you are not going to be one of the participants or event attendees, prepare for road closures from 5:30-11 a.m.
The following information is from the City of Agoura Hills website:
- Thousand Oaks Blvd. east of Kanan Road will be closed on race day at approximately 5:30 a.m.
- Carell Ave. at Thousand Oaks Blvd will close at 5:30 a.m.
- Idle Dr. will be completely closed at approximately 5:30 a.m.
- Expect delays on Kanan Road between the 101 traveling north up to Sunnycrest in Oak Park.
- The east lane of northbound Kanan Road will be closed at approximately 5:30 a.m. The west lane will be open to vehicle traffic.
- Argos St. from Thousand Oaks Blvd. to Conejo View Dr. will close at approximately 6 a.m.
- Driver Ave. from Argos St. to Easterly will close at approximately 6:45 a.m.
- The Chesebro Rd./Driver Ave./Canwood St. intersection will be closed from 6:50 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
For additional information, go to The Great Race of Agoura Hills