- Use skim milk in place of flavored Coffee-mate in your two morning mugs.
- Eat a bowl of high-fiber cereal and you’ll consume fewer calories all day.
- Use 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 tablespoon of low-fat cottage cheese to make tuna salad.
- Ask for the 12-ounce child-size soda instead of the 21-ounce medium at the drive-through.
- Slim down your sandwich by using light, 100 percent whole wheat sandwich bread
- Trade 1/2 cup of premium vanilla ice cream for 1/2 cup of Breyers Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.
- Ordering a cone? Make it the sugar, not the waffle, kind.
- Munch on Pirate’s Booty
- Grab a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt
Mike Levinson, a Calabasas resident, is a former amateur bodybuilding champion and registered dietitian who holds dual degrees in sports nutrition and physical education. He has worked extensively as a nutritionist with the California Angels baseball team and with famous athletes such as Charles Oakley, JT Snow and Sean Rooks. He also worked as a nutritionist for the Chicago Bears and the Oakland Raiders.