by Helen Hartel
She “ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog”…howlin’ some of the time…Yep our Lulu lives up to the classic hound characteristics with a melodic hound sound and following her nose! Just 10 years young, this still-lively senior gal loves play yard, sniff time and engaging with her favorite humans.
Here are some things you should know about Lulu:
- She is housebroken.
- She gets along with dogs of all sizes.
- She is reported to be good with children.
- She was never trained to walk on leash but she is doing really well with the training the volunteers are giving her.
- You’d never know she is 10 because when it is time to play fetch – GAME ON! She just loves it!
- She is vocal when left alone but very quiet when she is with people.
- When she is in her kennel, she curls up tight in her bed and snoozes for hours.
She’s been to the vet where she announced her arrival in the waiting room at Malibu Coast Animal Hospital as only a good hound would but was quiet and polite for her exam. Healthcare for Homeless Animals will fund her dental and spay once she has a hound-loving adopter.
Lulu would thrive where she could be an indoor dog with human companionship most of the time. To adopt Lulu, request A5008964.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.