by Helen Hartel
Astro is a one-year-old male brindle Boxer/American Staffordshire mix. A college-aged person brought him and another dog to the shelter because “the two pups could not get along.” People often make adoption decisions that don’t fit their life style, and this may be such a situation. Adopt wisely folks and make that dog a forever member of your family.
Astro seems to have had some training but given his age, plays a little rough and tries to dominate other dogs. As a puppy, he has a lot to learn. This is an opportunity to teach Astro to be the best dog ever.
Here are some things you should know about Astro:
- He likes being with people.
- He is house trained.
- He is an indoor dog that likes to go outdoors to play fetch. However, he needs to learn to release the ball when he returns it.
- He is reported to be good with children but because he is a high-energy dog, it’s probably best for him to go to a home with older children.
- He is well behaved in the car.
- He is okay when being walked on leash but has not yet learned to stop biting it at the beginning of the walk.
- He is a smart boy who is learning basic commands and has already mastered “sit”.
It was mentioned that he is still young. That means he needs more training. Astro will learn anything you teach him, especially if you use treats which would make it even easier for him. So someone with experience training dogs would be a great fit for Astro.
If you are looking for a sweet, young pup with whom you are willing to spend time to teach, then Astro is the guy for you!
To adopt Astro, request A4919342.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.