by Helen Hartel
Chuy, an eight-year-old female Chihuahua, was turned into the shelter by her owner because she has too much energy. Perhaps her personality is on the spicy side, and you need to be able to appreciate a little dog with a big attitude.
Here are some things you should know about her:
- She is a quirky, cute dog that is very affectionate with the people she likes.
- She likes to jump up into your arms, even when you’re standing up.
- She can be a very loving girl who will sit quietly in your lap.
- She is a spunky little lady who thinks she’s a big dog.Just call her a spitfire with lots of energy.
- She lets the big dogs know to watch out which is a typical behavior of the breed.
- She walks well on leash.
- She probably is best suited for a family with mature children.
- She is the perfect size for a house, apartment or condo.
Worried about adopting a senior dog? Don’t be! Providing a new home for an older animal may bring you a level of companionship you never imagined. Chuy is just as cute and lovable as her younger counterparts. In fact, she comes with many wonderful qualities that take years to develop in younger dogs. When adopting a mature dog what you see is what you get.
Chuy has been taken to see a private vet for her senior wellness check-up because her teeth needed a little bit of polishing. They did some blood work and that looked pretty good. She has fewer teeth but the ones she has left are nice and clean.
Chuy is ready to take the fearless next step into a loving forever home. If you are looking to add a little spice to your family, visit her at the shelter today.To adopt Chuy, request A4979487. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov