by Helen Hartel
Bently, a five-year-old Rottweiler, is hoping to find a new home before Independence Day. He came in as a stray and has adjusted well to life at the shelter. But just like other big dogs, kennel life can be difficult, even though he is walked two or three times a day and has daily play yard time.
Here are some things you should know about Bently:
- His two most favorite things are people and toys.
- He has great leash manners and loves going on walks.
- He is very smart and knows how to sit and shake.
- He is engaging and playful with kids.
- He keeps four on the floor and loves to just sit by a person’s side.
- He loves playing in a kiddy pool and perhaps, even a swimming pool.
- It is unknown how he will react to other dogs, so if you have another pup at home, bring him/her in to meet Bently before taking him home.
If you are looking for an all-around great dog with medium energy to bring into your home and make a part of your family, then go to the shelter to meet him now. Many pets are terrified of fireworks and often panic at the loud noises they produce. Why not bring Bently home before the Fourth of July, keep him safe indoors with you, and forge a friendship with your newly found best friend?
To adopt Bently, request A4313687. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.