by Helen Hartel
This handsome guy is Jimmy, and he is all puppy. At six months, he is a ball of high-energy and seems to love everything and everyone he encounters. Because he’s young, he has lots to learn but also has great potential.
Here are some things you should know about him:
- He will sit to be leashed.
- He loves a squeaky toy and will self-play by throwing the toy in the air and then doing a belly roll.
- On hot days, he enjoys jumping around in the doggie pool.
- He tries really hard to please people and to be a good boy.
- The volunteers have found that he is smart and learns very quickly.
- He shows interest in the dogs that pass by his play yard but doesn’t bark or show aggression toward them.
- He is young with lots of puppy energy and, although lean, is not a small dog.
Jimmy needs adoption ASAP. Even though the volunteers work on training him, their time is limited. He is at the age where he must continue to be trained. An active family with dog experience would be his best match because Jimmy still displays puppy-like behaviors. The high energy he exhibits is not unusual for his age. But because he is no longer small, it could prove to be problematic for an inexperienced person or a family that can’t deal with a strong dog.
Please keep in mind that Jimmy is a very sweet and loving dog. Come to the shelter to meet him, and if you have another dog, make arrangements for a meet and greet. He will bring years of fun and excitement and lots of pleasure to you and your family.
To adopt Jimmy, request A4991706.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov