by Helen Hartel
Love; that’s what Evie is all about, be it with people or the dogs she favors. She just wants to be affectionate with all.
Evie is a one-year-old pit bull mix that came to the shelter as a stray in November. Visitors may be reluctant to adopt her because of her breed and that may explain her long stay. However, she is a delightful dog that even has a boyfriend named King. The volunteers like her so much, you will often find one playing with her a play yard.
Here are some things you should know about Evie:
- She is still considered a puppy and is at a beginner level of training.
- She is a very sweet and engaging girl.
- She is great with people and loves to be around the volunteers.
- She walks okay on leash. She doesn’t pull–weaves a bit–but has shown much improvement.
She is on a special diet because her skin was really red when she arrived.
- She can be choosy about the dogs she get along with, so if you have one at home already, please bring him/her in for an introduction.
- Evie is a very smart, personable girl that is waiting for the right family to choose her. Come to the shelter and spend some time with her. You will see how affectionate she is and if you adopt her, you will experience that bond that will continue grow over the years you spend together.
To adopt Evie request A49000891. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit animalcare.lacounty.gov.