by Helen Hartel
Miles is a one-year-old male American Staffordshire that was found wandering the streets, and no one has come to the shelter to claim him. It’s hard to imagine what life must have been like for a young pup, alone, trying to find food and shelter. At the shelter, he is safe and loved by the volunteers, but he is ready to find his forever home with a loving family.
Here are some things you should know about him:
- He is still a puppy and full of energy.
- He is very smart and already learned “four on the floor” and “sit” after just a few tries. However, he still needs training.
- He loves to play with toys.
- His favorite game is when you throw something into the doggie pool. He dives in and retrieves it. Then he likes to come as close to a person as possible with his wet body to give it back.
- He might be housebroken because he waits to go potty outside his kennel.
- He had an introduction with a young child and was very well behaved and acted in an appropriate manner.
- He can be in the “real room” unsupervised and seems more relaxed when in a home-like environment.
- His paperwork says he should be an only dog because he hasn’t met other dogs or been socialized yet.
Because he is young, he needs a family who will be dedicated to training him. His breed gets a really bad rap, but he has the potential to become the best dog ever. He requires someone who has the time and patience to teach him all the things he needs to learn.
If you have the dedication and want to make him an integrated, obedient part of your family, ask to meet him today. He is ready, willing and able to show you the loyalty “Staffies” are known for. Take him home and spend the rest of your lives together.
To adopt Miles, request A4830475. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.