by Helen Hartel
Kona is an 16-month old male Boxer that was turned in without any biographical information submitted by his original owner. He is still very youthful so the shelter volunteers and staff are hopeful that his forever family will come walking through the doors and bring him into their hearts and inside their home. Hey, could that be with you?
Here are some things you should know about him:
- He is still a puppy and has lots of energy.
- His personality is that of a big happy, goofy boy.
- He was born with a short jaw and his tongue protrudes, but he does not drool like so many boxers do. The undershot jaw doesn’t bother him and he is in no discomfort at all. Once you meet him, you’ll see it just adds to his fun-loving character.
- He loves to play with other dogs and gets along great with those that have the same high energy level.
- He is very smart and has already learned that he has to have his four paws on the floor before he gets to come out of his kennel and play.
- He knows the command “sit.”
- He has a glossy, beautiful brindle coat.
Because he is still in the puppy stage of development, he will need someone who has the time, love and patience to continue his training. He is learning “shake” and if you use treats, he can and will learn everything else you wish to teach him. Also, keep in mind as he matures he will need daily exercise.
Much has been made of Kona’s high energy, but when he spends time in the real room, he loves to chill out and be a lap dog. So, if you want a dog that will join you while you are going for a walk or jog but will also chill when you are indoors watching TV or reading, then Kona is the boy for you.
To adopt Kona request, A4813717. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.