By Helen Hartel
Four-year-old Gucci, a male Rottweiler, is as handsome as his name implies save for some scarring on his back. He is missing a patch of fur that will not re-grow because some boiling water spilled on him when he was younger. It doesn’t hurt, doesn’t seem to bother him and no treatment is needed. It’s just his special mark.
He was brought to the shelter because his former family lost their home.
Here are some things you should know about Gucci:
- He is an awesome boy that is well liked by the volunteers.
- He likes to find a shady area, lie down and just quietly watch all the comings and goings around him.
- He is a big boy but doesn’t jump up on people.
- When he came to the shelter he was untrained, but is learning leash and other skills and doing well.
- When in one of the play yards he zooms around like a pup.
- Most of all, he stays near people whether indoors or out.
He doesn’t like to spend long hours alone in a yard. He will let everyone know his distress by barking and digging. He would be best placed with someone or some family where people are around most of the time. If there is such a thing as a dog that loves his people, he is the epitome.
To adopt Gucci, request A4717979.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov