by Helen Hartel
Say hello to Dolly, a two-year-old female Chihuahua /Dachshund mix. What is known about her is that she was found living alone and on the streets. She was brought to the shelter when she was pregnant. After giving birth to six puppies, she and her puppies were put into foster care to ensure that they had a nice quiet place to nurse and be nurtured. Now that the puppies have all been adopted, Dolly is back at the shelter awaiting adoption. Could that be with you?
Here are some things you should know about Dolly:
- She is sweet and gentle.
- She is a cuddler.
- She is shy when meeting new people, but when she warms up, her personality shines.
- She has begun house training, along with learning other house rules, but will need her education to continue in her new home.
- She likes to play Frisbee and fetch though sometimes she doesn’t bring back the ball.
- She gets along well with small dogs and enjoys play.
- She loves to go for walks and be outdoors.
It was mentioned that she is young, so that means she will need someone who has the time, love and patience to teach her to be the best dog ever. If that sounds like you, come in to meet her today. She needs so very little–an indoor place to sleep, good nutrition, some toys and walks. And, if you like to exercise, she is the perfect dog to take for a run or hike, because although she is small, she is fast.
To adopt Dolly, request A4777308.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov