by Laura Nickerson
1) Summer break for your kids (we all know it’s for your kids, because it sure isn’t a break for you) is almost over, so why not celebrate with aPool Party? On Friday, August 15th from 4-8 p.m., head over to the Calabasas Tennis and Swim Center for a free open swim, music, games and prizes! For info call Raine at 818.222.2782. Your kids will have a blast! And in the end, isn’t that what summer break is all about? YOU can sleep in September…
2) Free movies are ALWAYS a better choice than…movies you have to pay for. So go to the free showing of The Sandlot” at the Warner Center Park in Woodland Hills. Festivities begin at 7 and the movie starts at dusk. Click HERE for details.
3) The best part about playing Legos at someone else’s place? No cleanup! Same goes for the Panorama City Library’s Lego Clubhappening Saturday the 16th at 2 p.m. The library is located at 14345 Roscoe Blvd in Panorama City and you can bring your little ones to play legos to their hearts content. Then just…walk away and go home. Sounds heavenly, right?
4) Of course, you would love to have your kids make more of their own foods, so take them to a free cooking class at Williams Sonoma at the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks on Saturday the 16th at 9:30 a.m. This class is for 9-13 year olds and is free but reservations are requested (info HERE). If only they would teach them how to do the dishes too.
5) A Faery Hunt, you say? Why, that sounds downright MAGICAL!! Join in the fun from 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 17, at the Tarzana Community and Cultural Center. It’s only $12 a ticket and you can even wear your best faery outfit. Go and joins the faery folks in their whimsical search for the Faery Royalty. Info at www.afaeryhunt.com. You say fairy, they say faery. Either way, there are tiny people–wings, and glitter involved.
You can always get more LA Kids Activities by following me on [email protected] and checking out the hashtag #buzzLA. Also check out my show “The Buzz” at www.cityofcalabasas.com or on Channel 3 in the West Valley or listen to my Top 5 Weekend Picks in Santa Clarita on theSCV BUZZ on KHTS AM 1220. I’ll be back next week with more fun family activities!