by Helen Hartel
There are lots of Chihuahuas at shelters these days but Daisy offers something special. She is a quiet dog, unlike so many of her breed. Unfortunately, being quiet also means that she is easily overlooked.
Here are some things you should know about Daisy:
- She gets along with other small dogs and finds comfort in their company.
- She is very friendly.
- She is playful.
- She enjoys going for walks.
- She loves spending time with the volunteers.
- She is the perfect size for even the smallest home.
- Six-years-old is a great age for adopting a small dog. What you see is what you get.
She was brought to Agoura from the Bow Wows Adoption event after no one chose her and her buddy Brewster. Although they are housed in different kennels, they enjoy yard time together as playmates. She and Brewster do not need to be adopted together but her relationship with him is an indicator of how well she will fare in a home with an existing resident.
Since she has been at Agoura, she was taken for a wellness check-up with a private vet. She had her teeth cleaned and deemed a healthy girl who is ready to go to her forever home!
To adopt Daisy, request A4313637.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov