by Helen Hartel
Our silly Spice girl is at it again. Now that the hot days are here, she loves lounging in the “doggie pool.” Add in a ball and she is in doggie heaven! Spice, a six-year-old German shepherd mix, is an active girl seeking an active family who will indulge her joy of active play. Once tuckered out, she’ll be happy to lounge the day away with her humans.
Spice was transferred to Agoura from an overcrowded shelter in the hopes of her having a better chance of finding her forever home. She is a special girl who loves attention and will bark in her kennel to get it. She enjoys jolly balls, toys and especially people! She is looking for her own person or family right now. Could that be you?
Here are some things you should know about her:
- With the right toy, she has entertained herself in the yard for over an hour by running around and chasing it.
- When being walked, she will stop by the toy bucket to pick one out to play with.
- She is good on leash, although she’s a strong girl.
- She would do best suited for an active individual or family or a home with a lot of land where she can run and explore.
- She would make a great running, jogging or hiking partner.
- She has not been introduced to other shelter animals, so if you have another pup at home, please bring him/her in so they can meet before just taking her home.
Spice is fun to watch when she is out of her kennel and fun to play with. Please don’t be put off by her barking when you see her in her kennel. Ask to meet her and get to know her in the play yard. Adopt her, and she will definitely add some spice to your life.
To adopt Spice, request A4686197. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.