By Chef Marcus Webster
I love recipe week! I can’t wait to share this recipe with you, which my little boy absolutely loves. I hope you enjoy it as much as he does.
Happy almost-summer, folks!
Cedar Plank Salmon
3 12-inch untreated cedar planks
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 4-inch sprigs, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 oz. white wine
3 oz. butter
1 oz, lemon juice
2 2-lb. salmon fillets, skin removed
1) Soak the cedar planks for at least one hour in warm water.
2) In a shallow dish, stir the olive oil, 1 oz. white wine, rosemary, green onions and garlic together. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes to an hour.
3) Preheat your outdoor grill and place the planks. The planks are ready when they start to smoke and crackle a little bit.
4) Discard the marinade and place the salmon fillets on the planks. Cover and grill for about 20 minutes. The salmon is done when you can flake with a fork.
5) Melt butter, 2 oz. white wine and lemon juice on low. Pour over salmon when done.
Chef Marcus Webster has been a professional chef for over 20 years, starting as a private chef before becoming a corporate chef at the Thousand Oaks-based Auctions in Motion. He is currently the executive chef for NAWLINZ Bistro in downtown Oxnard and Conejo Valley Catering, the catering arm of NAWLINZ Bistro.