- This event has passed.
Hands On History Day at the Leonis Adobe Museum in Calabasas
May 21, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us for our Hands on History Day at the Leonis Adobe Museum on Saturday, from 1-4 p.m. Celebrating the Leonis Adobe Museum’s 50th anniversary with historical demonstrations, hands on activities & much more.
Immerse yourself in California Rancho history with hands on activities like:
– Photos with the Wells Fargo Stagecoach, courtesy of Wells Fargo Bank
– Live demonstrations at the blacksmith shop by an authentic blacksmith
– 19th century laundry with scrub board and wringer
– Make adobe bricks & corn husk dolls
– Horno oven demonstrations
– Historical clothing & fabric dyes
– Interactive roping station & feeding the ranch animals
– Wool spinning & loom weaving demonstrations
– Tortilla making, corn grinding & butter churning
– And much more!
Sagebrush Cantina will be selling tacos and Apollo’s Expresso & Shave Ice will be selling specialty coffee beverages & shaved ice treats!
When: Saturday, May 21, 2016 1-4 p.m.
Leonis Adobe Museum, 23537 Calabasas Road, Calabasas
Members are FREE
Non-members: $4 per person (3 & up)
Children 2 & under are free