by Helen Hartel
Dakota is a four-year-old Lab/Setter/Pointer/Shepherd mix that was transferred from another shelter because Agoura has a high adoption rate. It is hoped he will have a better chance of finding a forever home out in the “burbs.” Dakota arrived at the other shelter as a stray, so the information provided is based on the observations of the volunteers.
He is a delightful boy with people but was probably under socialized, because he does not know how to act around dogs or cats. For that reason, he should be adopted by a family that wants to have only one pet.
Here are some things you should know about Dakota:
- He is housetrained.
- He is good with kids.
- He shows good manners while riding in a car.
- He walks well on a leash.
- He has good in-house manners with no destructive tendencies.
- He can be particular about the other dogs he likes, so it’s best that he is the only animal in a home.
- He enjoys a good workout when going for walks.
- He enjoys curling up for a snooze after exercise.
- He will be a great companion for an active person or family.
- He is already neutered and up to date with his shots.
If you are looking for a beautiful, happy, energetic pup, look no further than Dakota. He is ready to jump into life at home with you. Ask to meet him today!
The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov