by Helen Hartel
Azore, a five-year-old female Rottweiler, transferred to Agoura from an overcrowded shelter because it was felt her adoption options were greatly improved in the Conejo Valley.
Here are some things you should know about Azore:
- She is very gentle.
- She has a mild-mannered quiet personality.
- She likes slow leisurely walks.
- She appears to be happiest when she gets to curl up by a person’s feet.
- She loves a good belly rub.
- She can be trusted to be alone in the real room.
- She is easy to groom.
- She is calm and steady-tempered.
- She passed her temperament test with flying colors.
- It appears that she would fit in with children who want to cozy up with a dog. No roughhousing for this girl. It’s not in her nature.
She has some arthritis in her hips and may need an inexpensive medication called Metacam for pain management. However, this discomfort doesn’t seem to interfere with her gentle and loving nature.
A family that is looking for a bigger dog that doesn’t want the responsibility of providing it with vigorous exercise will find Azore is a good match. Look no further than this gentle, sweet girl, and every day that you spend together should be a real treat.
To adopt Azore, request A5006684.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.