by Helen Hartel
Mokie was brought to the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control in Agoura last July by his owner who could no longer care for him as he became ill. For Mokie, who is eight years old, spending so many months waiting for a new family has been heartbreaking. The volunteers at the shelter are hoping that this year, he will have a home for the holidays. You can help make their wishes come true by opening your heart and home to this sweet boy.
Here are some things you should know about him:
- He had a very good upbringing and is very obedient.
- He is housebroken.
- He is good with small dogs.
- He was raised around children.
- He loves riding in the car.
- He walks really well on leash but sometimes pulls when he sees other dogs.
- He is very well mannered when in the shelter’s “real room,” an area set up to resemble the inside of a home.
Do you enjoy exercise? Want to loose some holiday extra pounds with a pal? Mokie loves walking on the treadmill. Have one of the certified volunteers teach you how to do it with this people-pleasing pup.
Watch Mokie on YouTube http://youtu.be/gfLU_wMJrXI to see what an outstanding boy he is, then go to the shelter to meet him in person. Give him the gift of a loving home for the holidays.
To adopt Mokie, request A4733054. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.