by Helen Hartel
Affable Brooke is an eight-year-old female German Shepherd/Great Dane Mix. She was found wandering the freeway in Compton and taken to the Downey animal shelter. Efforts to locate her owner proved to be unsuccessful, so she was transferred to Agoura where it was felt she would have a much better chance of finding her forever home.
Here are some things you should know about her:
- She is a beautiful, easy-going girl.
- She walks great on leash.
- She is very friendly and engaging to everyone she meets.
- She loves to cuddle. It’s easy to imagine her curled up next to her person in front of the TV.
- She will make a great companion for a family who enjoys short, quiet walks.
- She does well when left alone in the real room.
After arriving at the Agoura shelter, she was taken to see a private vet for her senior wellness check-up where she had some dental work performed. They found that she has some arthritis in her knee, but she is now ready to go to home with a loving family or person.
By opening yourself up to a senior dog like Brooke, your life will take on amazing new possibilities. You will have a loyal companion that will not be too demanding of your energy and one that is accepting of people of all ages. If you are looking for a wonderful girl who can take away your summertime (or anytime blues), ask to meet her today.
To adopt Brooke, request A4853246. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit animalcare.lacounty.gov.