by Helen Hartel
Crystal is a two-year-old female German Shepherd mix. She was so well loved at an over-crowded shelter that it was decided she would have a better chance of getting adopted if she were to be transferred to Agoura. We hope that is the case because she is stressed out at the shelter even with all the attention given to her by the volunteers. She is a great pup that needs adoption soon. Could that be with you?
Here are some things you should know about Crystal:
- She loves to play with toys.
- Fetch is one of her most favorite games.
- When the weather is warm she loves to romp in a pool.
- She is a beautiful girl that needs someone who is patient and kind.
- She relaxes and shows her true personality when lounging in the real room.
- She is reactive to other dogs, so it would be best if she went to a home where she is the only pet.
- She needs further training.
The volunteers are working very hard with her as they see something more to her than the outdoor behavior she exhibits. Though she appears to be a very young, untrained, un-socialized pup, if placed with a patient and caring person or family, she could be quite a gem. She loves to play but becomes easily distracted and barks at other dogs. However, when she is in the quiet environment of the real room, her true self becomes apparent, relaxing and and willingly giving kisses to people that sit with her.
Within Crystal is a great dog that is waiting to be discovered. We believe that she just needs an adult previously experienced with dogs who will unearth her inner beauty.
To adopt Crystal, request A4874542. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit animalcare.lacounty.gov.