by Helen Hartel
“Day-o, day-ay-ay-o! Daylight come and he wan’ go home…”
Our robust five-year-old Dayo has been at the shelter since late October and is more than ready to go to his new home. He has many attributes but is often overlooked because of breed discrimination. You see, he may be a mix but is labeled as a pit bull.
Here are some things you should know about Dayo:
- He is housebroken.
- He is good with kids.
- He has always been an indoor dog and needs to remain so.
- He is a very smart boy that knows how to sit, shake, come, and can even stand up like a circus seal and clap his paws.
- He is good in the car and love joyrides.
- He is very strong but knows how to walk when on his leash.
- He loves to play with toys, the fluffier the better so that he can unstuff them.
- He must be the only household pet.
Dayo loves his people and was raised well by his former owner. He shows the affection and loyalty that “pitties” are known for and will easily become an integrated member of your home.
To adopt Dayo, request A4944506. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.