by Helen Hartel
King, a one-and-a-half- year-old male Pit Bull, arrived at the shelter as a stray. He must have had a good upbringing, though, because he displays all the attributes a family would look for in a big dog. He is well trained, friendly and good-natured. He is the perfect spokesperson for his breed.
Because of his easy-going nature, he has become a “play pal” for one dog at the shelter that was known for not liking other dogs. He has also been paired with a very shy pup to help her come out of her shell. The volunteers credit his constant tail wags, confident nature and easy-going personality for helping these pups. Now he just needs to find the perfect forever family who will integrate him into their hearts and home.
Here are some things you should know about King:
- He is friendly with the people he meets.
- He is very smart and knows how to sit, shake, stay and go down.
- He walks great with no pulling on his leash.
- He doesn’t jump up on visitors.
- He can be left alone in the real room, doesn’t soil or disturb the furniture.
- He most probably will do well with a family that has another dog, but no cats.
Beyond being a beautiful boy, King has a unique feature. He has an adorable tail that swirls under like a whirly lollypop. There must be an interesting story behind this that will forever be a mystery. But no matter; when King wags that unusual tail, it’s hard not to fall for this special guy.
To adopt King, request A4917905. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.