by Helen Hartel
A dog was brought to the shelter as a stray and after his allotted time passed and his owner didn’t come to claim him, he was given the name Wyatt. No one had a chance to interact with him when the name was awarded and it’s fine, but he should have been called Mr. Awesome. This two-year-old male Pit Bull probably came from a good home because he has the best, most laid back personality.
Here are some things you should know about Wyatt:
- He most likely is house-trained as he waits to go potty until he is outside of his kennel.
- He knows how to sit and doesn’t jump up on people.
- He walks great when on leash right beside the person taking him out.
- He easily walks by dogs and even if they are barking he just calmly continues on his way.
- He can be trusted to spend time alone in the real room.
- He is young and smart.
- He is sweet and calm.
- Like most “Pitties,” he loves to be around people.
Even though Wyatt is just out of the puppy stage, he knows a bit more than what is considered the beginning stage of training; however, what would be best for him is someone who has the time, love and patience to train him to “stay,” “lie down” and other commands to follow. He is willing to learn everything, especially if treats are used. He is a very smart and attentive boy that appears to want to learn.
Wyatt gets lots of attention at the shelter, but what he really needs is a home of his own in which he is well taken care of and treated as an integrated, loved member of a family living safe and warm indoors.
If you are looking for an awesome dog that has all the positive traits that most people are looking for in a medium size dog, then Wyatt is the boy for you. Please stop by the shelter to meet him.
To adopt Wyatt, request A4872346. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit animalcare.lacounty.gov.