by Helen Hartel
Sally and Putsy are here to let everyone know that they are available for adoption. A bonded pair, they hope to find a home together.
Sally, a female terrier mix and her BFF, Putsy, a female Chihuahua mix, are 10 and 11-years-old, respectively. They have been side-by-side their entire lives until the day they were brought to the Agoura Animal Shelter. Their owners had to move, and the new landlord wouldn’t allow dogs. It must have been devastating for these two seniors, but they are resilient and are keeping their tails up, having fun in the play yards at the shelter.
Here are some things you should know about them:
- They love people and are so happy when the volunteers spend time with them.
- They are housebroken.
- They walk well on leash.
- They are very quiet, there’s no yapping from them.
- They get along with big dogs and small dogs and cats, too.
- There’s no jealousy between them and they share everything–food, bed and their people.
- They will jump right into your lap, together, of course!
- They have not had the experience of being around children.
- They would do well in an apartment or condo. A house with a yard would also be great.
- All in all these, two girls are pretty cool pups.
Because they are small dogs, it is most likely that they have many years ahead of them, but if a special angel came along and adopted both of them together, their golden years would be that much better. Could that be you? They would be easy to manage and you would get double the affection from this easy-going duo.
Please open your heart and home to both and ask to meet them right away.
To adopt Sally and Putsy, request A4889524 and A4990523. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.