by Helen Hartel
This gorgeous chap is a recent return to the Agoura Animal Shelter and remains a volunteer favorite! He has had hard luck, and through a series of events, much has been learned about him.
His name is Rogan and he is a six-year-old American Bulldog. His owner turned him in when they had to move into in a small apartment with no yard and there wasn’t enough room for this big boy. He was reported to get along with other dogs but when adopted by a good family, that proved not to be the case. He had to be returned to the shelter. Another family chose him, loved him dearly because of all his wonderful traits but, sadly, their baby developed severe allergies and Rogan is once again back at the shelter.
Here are some things you should know about Rogan:
- He is fabulous with children, the more the better, and he likes to sleep with them on their beds, too.
- He is housebroken.
- He is well trained and knows “sit” and “down” and is gentle taking treats as his reward.
- He loves to chase tossed toys and brings them back for another go.
- It’s fun to watch him do “zoomies” in the play yard.
- He must be the only animal in a home.
- He walks well on leash.
- He is very affectionate.
Rogan is an exceptional dog that will make a great companion for a family with or without children but with no other pets. He is fun to spend time with and will reward everyone with his obedience and affection. To know Rogan is to love him.
To adopt Rogan, request A4628646.The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov.